10 Prospecting Tips for Winners
As an insurance professional, you know how difficult prospecting can be. Finding qualified prospects and convincing them to buy your products is often time-consuming and unproductive.
If you'd like to make the most of time spent prospecting-and sell more than ever before-take these 10 tips from a leading author and sales consultant to heart. You'll notice the difference in no time!
- Set aside one hour a day for prospecting. Discipline yourself to make this time nonnegotiable, and treat it as a priority.
- Make as many calls as possible. The more calls you make, the better your chances of converting those prospects to clients.
- Make calls brief. Don't try to sell the client over the phone. Your goal should be to get the appointment…and concentrate on closing the sale there.
- Prepare a list of names before you call. This allows you to devote your time to making calls-not searching for names. Trade prospect names with other professionals, and keep a one-month supply on hand at all times to make the process easier.
- Don't tolerate interruptions. Refuse to take calls or attend meetings during your prospecting time. As with any other activity, the more you repeat this task during a contiguous block of time, the better you'll become.
- If you find conventional prospecting times don't work, consider calling during off-peak hours. Find out when your prospects are available, and call them at the appropriate times. Don't waste your time when you know they aren't on hand.
- Vary your contacting times. This increases your chances of reaching buyers.
- Get organized. Make detailed notes and store them in a computerized prospect contact system. Update them frequently, scheduling and keeping track of follow-up times and contact information.
- Picture your prospecting goal, and develop a plan to reach it. Knowing where you're going and how far you've moved toward your goal helps you stay motivated.
- Don't give up. Persistence is the key to true selling success. Prospects will see your determination and admire your perseverance-and you'll get appointments.
Finding new customers doesn't have to be complicated. Try these 10 simple tips, write your own winning success story…and watch your sales and client base soar!
This information was provided by InsureMe, the leader in online insurance leads for the insurance industry. Since 1993, InsureMe has helped thousands of insurance agents succeed in the insurance business by providing top-quality leads that are both detailed and affordable. For more information on InsureMe leads, please visit our agent Web site at agent.insureme.com.